The Customer decided to align its business activity to new technologies and explore them for better results inside the company and to its Clients. Distribution is a mobile-friendly area; a responsive web application is what the Customer can use to check order status in real time.
- from the Picking App, CockPit reads and displays daily order information (date, client, products, quantities) and helps react fast to increase customer satisfaction
- from the Truck Allocation app CockPit reads and displays information about order delivery per truck for an optimal distribution per truck. The list of active trucks includes count of orders per truck and delivery address, driver, order number
- from the Temperature application, Cockpit helps monitor the temperature in each truck any time during delivery. Thus, complaint rates can be decreased.
Reporting on the KPIs
The reporting module includes a series of KPIs like Packaging Lead Time, Production and Logistics Processing Time, Truck Utilization Rate, Delivery Time, Delivery Costs, Customer Complaints Rate, Customer Satisfaction.
KPIs are calculated and compared with values before implementation based on the data extracted from the modules. Savings are clearly provided, building a valuable knowledge base.
To build Cockpit we managed and customized a series of modern technologies:
The project data storage is based on MySQL for quick processing.
- MySQL – for quick processing of data storage; tables are normalized and mapped to PHP Entity Classes with Doctrine ORM
- Nginx – powerful main web server, with JSON ensuring the data communication between server and the client
- PHP Symfony – for the web application, structured to serve JSON data, while serialization is covered with JMS Serializer
- HTML5 – for structuring and presenting content on the WWW
- CSS – built with Bootstrap for the responsive application, it adapts to desktop, mobile and tablet devices
- Openshift – to deploy all components in the cloud, so that we can scale the application based on the client’s needs.
- 50% shorter time to identify order status
- 20% increase in productivity following manager’s independence from computer (replaced with an application optimized for devices)
- real-time monitoring of the car fleet per orders
- 4 to 75% overall savings
Testing & QA
- Quality custom software development
- End -user satisfaction
- Short time to market
- Quantifiable value
- Guaranteed performance level
- Reduced and controlled costs
- Managed risks
- Good value-for-money